Rostrevor College is conducted by Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA). It was established by the Christian Brothers in 1923 as an extension of the facilities offered at C.B.C. Wakefield Street.
Rostrevor occupies a spacious 16 hectare site in the foothills of the Mount Lofty Ranges at Woodforde, nine kilometres from the city centre.
The name Rostrevor is of Irish origin and was given to the main building by its original owner.
Rostrevor has an enrolment of approximately 900 students from Reception to Year 12.
As a Catholic school in the Edmund Rice tradition, Rostrevor College welcomes students of all abilities and potential. It welcomes students from Catholic families and those of other faiths. Rostrevor is conscious of Australia's multi-cultural society and celebrates the diversity of the ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds of its students.Rostrevor educates its students so that as graduates they commit themselves to serve our world and its peoples in the tradition of the founder of the Christian Brothers, Blessed Edmund Ignatius Rice.
Want to know more?
- Boarding History of Rostrevor
- History of Handball at Rostrevor College
- Rostrevor's Heritage - the Chapel
- Reminiscences of a Foundation Scholar 1923 - Hilary O'Connell
- Rostrevor's Heritage - The Naming of Buildings at Rostrevor College
- Four Generations of Rostrevor Boys
- Fleabag - Rostrevor's Mascot in the 1960s and 70s
- Rostrevor's Heritage - Horses at Rostrevor
- Reminiscences of a Foundation Scholar 1923 - Errol Tapp
- Reminiscences of a Foundation Scholar 1923 - Felix Kenny
- Rostrevor's Heritage - The Cadet Unit