14 January 2022
Update from Principal Shana Bennett
Dear Rostrevor College Parents and Caregivers
Welcome to the new year! I hope that you managed some COVID-free time over the break and had a chance to recharge as best as possible and spend time with those you love.
I’m somewhat disappointed that my first correspondence to you is regarding what will be an unusual start to the 2022 school year, however, I felt that it was important to share the plans and information we have to date.
As you may be aware, the Federal and State Governments have outlined plans regarding the commencement of the school year. Rostrevor College will follow and comply with the directives set by SA Health, the State Government and Catholic Education South Australia.
The Premier confirmed yesterday that the return to school will be as follows:
- The formal start date for schools will be delayed until Wednesday 2 February, which is our scheduled school start at Rostrevor College.
- Monday 31 January and Tuesday 1 February will be dedicated to staff preparation.
- School will resume on Wednesday 2 February. Reception, Year 1, 7, 8 and 12 students (including any students studying a Year 12 subject) will have face-to-face classes on site.
- All other year levels will begin with remote/online learning.
- The Boarding House will open on Monday 31 January for new boarders and Year 12 boarders, and Tuesday 1 Feb for returning boarders (further details will be provided next week).
These arrangements will continue until Friday 11 February. All students will return to face-to-face lessons on Monday 14 February.
Continue reading >