At Rostrevor we believe in arming students from an early age with the foundation skills needed to succeed in all areas of life, both during their school years and beyond, and encourage students to explore their skills outside the classroom.
The wide range of activities on offer encourages not only the development of individual talents but also the important skills of teamwork and cooperation, socially acceptable behaviour and attitudes, self-discipline and commitment. The active participation of students and parents in the wider life of the school encourages a real sense of school spirit, culture and identity.
Most of the activities at Rostrevor are coordinated by staff - an indication of the extent of their pastoral care for students and an opportunity for them to extend relationships beyond the classroom. Other important sources of assistance and support in our co-curricular offerings are parents and old scholars. Rostrevor actively encourages prospective parents and families to become involved in this aspect of school life.
Our facilities and co-curricular program include:
- Expansive grounds and first class sporting facilities featuring five ovals, two sports halls, seven tennis courts and three basketball courts
- Fully equipped fitness centre
- 25m pool on campus for swimming lessons, competitive swimming and a range of water activities
- Summer sports - tennis, volleyball, badminton, handball, swimming, water polo and cricket
- Winter sports - football, athletics, basketball, cross country, hockey, squash, rugby, soccer and table tennis, with several teams having state and national titles to their name
- South Australia's only official handball courts
- Activities that help prepare your child for life beyond school such as debating, public speaking, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Pedal Prix and participation in Rock & Water
- Lunchtime activities foster friendships including futsal competitions, bands and Games Club with board and computer games
- A comprehensive and nationally competitive music program with bands catering for a range of ages and music genre, including rock bands, jazz, percussion and vocal ensembles, coupled with a state-of-the-art recording studio.
Boys are encouraged to take part in a wide range of sports both recreational and competitive. Rostrevor's teams compete in the Sports Association for Adelaide Schools (SAAS) and the State Knockout Competitions. There are teams and places in teams for players of all abilities.
Rostrevor has a proud tradition and a long history of outstanding achievements in sport. Recent National and State titles in cricket, volleyball, football and soccer continue that tradition. Performing at the highest level in schoolboy sport is a reality at Rostrevor.
Co-curricular offerings at Rostrevor provide an opportunity for enjoyment and fellowship for students, staff, parents, friends and old scholars. The program is an integral part of the overall education and is offered to help develop the whole person and to prepare young men to take their place in the world after school.