Why all Boys
An all boys learning environment is known to produce strong academic outcomes for boys by allowing them to explore their talents and skills without the barrier of gender stereotypes, giving them the best possible start whilst they develop fundamental life skills.
We understand how boys like to learn, and we give them room to grow both personally and academically. Rostrevor's tailored curriculum and learning structures are driven by the all boys' philosophy and tap into the best practice learning methodology for boys.
Other areas we embrace to foster boys' academic and physical development include:
- An extensive co-curricular program and expansive grounds and facilities, which give boys an opportunity to be active, benefiting their health, both mentally and physically
- Tailoring learning strategies to include a healthy balance of theory and practical elements to fit boys' learning styles
- Supportive and inclusive learning environment
- A high emphasis on feeling safe and secure with programs to develop resilience and a sense of personal responsibility and care for others
- A mix of female and male teachers to allow a balanced education
- Immediate rewards and feedback on a student's performance, which is proven as an important element for boys' learning. Aside from daily interactions, we also capture achievements in our newsletter, at assemblies and in the media, when appropriate.